Friday 21 November 2014

Christmas in Dublin

Last week when I was in Dublin I got to enjoy three of my favourite things all in one day; Andrea Bocelli live in concert, lounging in The Westbury Hotel and Dublin's Christmas lights.


The concert took place in The 3 Arena and it was breaktaking with Andrea Bocelli receiving a standing ovation and ending with the powerful song Nessun Dorma. I've been to concerts with special effects but there was no need for anything like that as Andrea's voice and the live orchestra provided all the entertainment needed. 

Before the concert we enjoyed a festive dinner menu in the Westbury Hotel, the perfect escape from Dublin's hustle and bustle. We were seated by the window looking out onto the busy shopping streets and soaking up the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel. It was the perfect time of the year to go there as the Christmas decorations were just put up and the place was so cosy. 



The Westbury Hotel is my secret haven whenever I want to take a break from shopping, enjoy a lazy afternoon tea or go for a great meal. To really get into the Christmas spirit, I ordered the 3 course festive meal from Wilde the restaurant. Here's some photos of my first Christmas meal and every course was delicious. The standard of the service was excellent as the staff gave great attention to detail ensuring I had everything I needed.


On the way to the concert it was great to see Dublin's magical Christmas lights and officially begin to enjoy the festive season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...